Be a LMNHS volunteer:
- Increase your work experience
- Meet your neighbours
- Understand your community
- Learn about different cultures
- Child Care
- LINC English Classes
- Family Drop-ins
- Nature Exploration
- Food Programs
- Front Desk
- Physical Literacy
Contact for more information: Receptionist at 604.879.7104
Volunteer Opportunity: Physical Activity Volunteer Assistant (Main Street Vancouver)
VOLUNTEER Opportunity – GREAT PLACEMENT WITH VALUABLE EXPERIENCE
Physical Activity Volunteer Assistant
Placement: Beginning September 2015 (Ongoing)
Terms: Contract (part time) 2-8 hours per week, flexible hours depending on availability.
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House provides a wide range of programs to an economically and ethnically diverse community including programs for single parents, families, youth, new immigrants and seniors.
Nature & Scope:
The project will encourage participation from both the parent/caregivers and children. And will also encourage child care and family resource programs that have limited recreational spaces to be more creative with developing programs that emphasize physical activity and nature exploration. The goal of the project is that the activities offered in the project will promote more active lifestyles and continue to “translate” to ongoing physical literacy in indoor and outdoor spaces.
Responsibilities in Assisting the Instructor with:
• Following directions and working with the Instructors; games and activities for the session.
• Supporting indoor/outdoor Physical activity sessions on a schedule that works for you.
• Creating a welcoming and friendly environment for families, staff and children attending the physical activity sessions
• Experience or knowledge about young children.
• Experience or knowledge about families with young children.
• Basic understandings of child development
• Ability to as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
• Willing to present and/or apply for a criminal record check done through organization at free of cost
• Being available to participate in all physical activity and to commit to three months.
Please apply with a resume to:
Physical Literacy and Nature Exploration Coordinator
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House
3981 Main Street, Vancouver