Position: LINC Program Assistant
Part-time position – 14 hours per week – flexible schedule
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House provides educational, cultural, recreational and social services for different age groups, ethnic specific groups, families and for the wider community of Little Mountain/Riley Park. Our purpose is to offer community members the opportunity to actively participate in the development of a healthier community.
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is seeking a LINC Program Assistant to support the LINC Program staff and newcomer clients. The key components of this position are clerical tasks, updating records, and assist the LINC Operation Coordinator with other daily/weekly and monthly tasks. This position requires a flexible schedule.
- Assist with client registration
- Assist with client waitlists
- Maintain and update client’s mailing and email address
- Research students study history
- Administer and track student transportation
- Order class supplies
- Maintain files and forms
- Assist the LINC Operations Coordinator with Data entry
- Maintain display board in library
- Participate in staff meetings
- Knowledge of computer programs and an ability to comprehend and understand database programs
- Good verbal, written and communication skills in English and Mandarin and Cantonese
- Able to work independently or as a team player.
- Detail oriented and patient
- Understanding of data management policies and practices
- Post Secondary Degree an asset
- One year related experience or equivalent of education, training or experience
Closing Date: Friday, November 4, 2016
Please ensure that LINC Program Assistant is the subject line of your email.
Send covering letter and resume to:
Little Mountain Neighbourhood House,
Settlement Services Manager
3981 Main Street, Vancouver BC, V5V 3P3, Fax: 604-879-7113
Thank you for your interest in Little Mountain Neighbourhood House. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Little Mountain Neighbourhood House is an Equal Opportunity Employer